Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wikipedia Posting

Well I tried my hand at posting on Wikipedia. I joined as a member and added my two cents worth of information after visiting the website "HowStuffWorks"http://computer.howstuffworks.com/wiki.htm . This site suggested that one experiment with posting on the Wikipedia site to gain experience, so I did.

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Morgan Horse and look under the heading Breed History and Justin Morgan, I added the following information: "Daniel C. Lindley, a native of Middlebury, Vermont, compiled and published a book of Morgan breeding stallions in his book, Morgan Horses: A Premium Essay written in 1857. Colonel Joseph Battell, also a Middlebury, Vermont native started the publication, The Morgan Horse and Register in 1894 and so the Morgan registry began". I am going to keep an eye on the site for a few days and see if anyone changes or deletes what I added. Should be interesting and a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment