Monday, September 21, 2009

Wikipedia Posting Edits

How interesting - I checked Wikipedia today to see if my posting had been edited, and it has been! My posting has been moved under the heading of Breed Development and has been added to. What I posted now says "Daniel C. Lindley, a native of Middlebury, Vermont, compiled and published a book of Morgan breeding stallions published in 1857. Colonel Joseph Battell, also a Middlebury, Vermont native, published the first volume of the Morgan Horse Register in 1894, marking the beginning of a formal breed registry".

Someone else has added More information regarding Colonel Battell donating his farm at his death to the United States Government which later donated the farm to the University of Vermont. Where Morgan horses are still raised and trained today.

Well I am impressed that my addition was actually read and responded to.

No comments:

Post a Comment