Friday, October 9, 2009

Starting a WebQuest

I have been searching the Internet for ideas and information on teaching middle school age students about mysteries and the genre. I have found some useful information and other WebQuests. Though some of the WebQuests have been rather boring or overdone with background pictures. I am starting to feel a little lost in the process. I like a few of the links I have found very much. Someone else has already done quite a bit of work finding information and links to authors that I am interested in teaching. Like Edgar Allan Poe, Agatha Christy, & Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. One site has links to biographies on each that I think is useful. I also found the idea of the elements needed to write a good mystery as well as a link to two minute mysteries that other students have written. I like this site because the stories leave you hanging for the answer. There is a click button for you to check and see if you correctly solved the mystery or not and why. I like that feature and can see that being a useful thing for the students final projects.

I am feeling frustrated in keeping my subject organized and trying to picture what this finished WebQuest will look like. I guess I shouldn't worry about it now and just concentrate on finding further information that is useful for the lesson plan. I am sure it will all come together in the end.

1 comment:

  1. You have the right idea, concentrate on the subject, the outcome and the resources, the rest will make itself clear as you put it together.

    PS-great picture of the barn during foliage season!

    ReplyDelete