Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teacher Blogs

This week I visited many teacher blogs. These blogs sadly seem to be a forum to rant and vent about the teaching profession. Here I read about bad days, horrible students, and the woes of administrations that don't seem to work or understand what needs to change etc... I can certainly understand needing to vent, but some of the sites made me question my own idea of becoming a teacher. Then I found a few that mentioned being really happy in their teaching and enjoying a lesson that seemed to inspire their students to do work that they found challenging. I found a lesson plan to write a six sentence paragraph on any subject without using a word more than once. I love the idea and the teacher was in awe of what her students wrote. I'll have to squirrel this idea away to try myself. I am even considering trying it myself. I certainly have "buzz" words that I use perhaps too often. I think this could be a great way to try a different way to communicate.

The good thing about some of the blogs were links to other teacher sites. There were links for lesson plans and I found a few sites on poetry, which I plan to visit again. I also see a nice community between teachers that are willing to share their experiences, ideas, resources and communicate about everything under the sun. I also like that the people on these sites even though they make the occasional rant would like to inspire the young and teach them a subject that they have a desire to share. This is what I was hoping to find, a new community with other members of education that are willing to share their knowledge to the teachers that are new to the profession. I did find a few blogs from teachers that are working on their teacher trainings. I hope to be doing that in the next year or so. ...So I will continue to learn all I can and search the Internet for ideas and fellow educators experiences and cyber friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment