Sunday, December 13, 2009

How Far I've Come

Well the end of class has come pretty quickly. In these short weeks I have gone from someone rather intimidated by technology to someone who is ready to meet the changing world with new hope for more ways of educating not only myself, but others as well. I have learned to set up a blog and continue to post to it. I now have an electronic portfolio with work that I have completed these past weeks. I have included my philosophy of education as well as disciplinary ideas for my classroom. I created a PowerPoint with some sound effects, made educational comics, and took a stab at scripting, designing, and directing an animated movie about therapeutic riding.

I think the greatest asset to taking this class was learning new ways to utilize the Internet. From making Webquest's to making comics and animated videos. These are all great ways to keep students engaged in thinking in new ways. I have made copies of many of the educational links that I used throughout class. As I am sure that I will revisit them to come up with further lesson plans and new ways to let students be creative in doing class projects.

I still live with dial-up connections that hinder my ease of access to many sites. This I still find frustrating in a state that continues to promise e-commerce for everyone. In spite of my dial-up setback I have persevered and found much that I can do in slightly different ways.

I am looking forward to one day having a laptop computer and I would also like to have a Kindle to download books and have them read to me. I don't own an ipod, but may look into one of those as well. I understand you can download some books and blogs there as well. I can see that future of the ever changing technology in making teaching an new and wondrous world. I believe that the future is one of open-minded ingenuity and will continue to embrace these ideas instead of shying away.


1 comment:

  1. My iPhone (which includes an iPod) is my best friend, well best tech friend. I love listening to well read books and there are SO many. My local library even has a "download books" section, whoohoo! Maybe Santa needs to know of your desires?

    My best to you in your further educational adventures,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete